Friday, May 6, 2011

Worst mother of the year award!

I am still shaking, and can run faster than I ever thought I could. Picture this.......I was talking with a neighbor holding this baby that I have been watching. My boys where in the car asleep when I pulled up. So I just got out left the door open and the windows down and was talking with my neighbor. Cadyn woke up and was sitting in the front passenger seat. Which I felt was ok since I was only like 10 -12 ft from the car. Well I was wrong, Cadyn pulled my car into reverse and my car started to roll down the driveway. The girl next door was like screaming, I really did not know I could run that fast. WHOA, was I mad and scared all at the same time! FYI the car was not running nor where the keys in the ignition. I guess you should never assume that your car requires the brake to be pushed to be put into gear! My E brake will be on from know on when my car is in the drive. Not that my kids will be playing in the car but seriously that was so scary! The crappy part is I was talking with my neighbor about someone else and how their "mom" skills weren't the best. Awesome, just goes to show that anything can happen anywhere and of course it happened to me and there where people around to see how dumb I am! AWESOME! I promise I don't let me kids play with knives or anything so there is no need to call cps! I am sure I will get a big enough lecture from my husband when he gets home.
Sincerely,
The worst mother

No comments: