Monday, May 2, 2011

Cake Continuation

Ok, so the cake was yummy!! We decided to cook it in the crock pot to add some more to the experiment. I would not recommend this unless you have done it before. I have never done it, and well lets just say it would have been easier if I just stuck to what I know. Most of the cake cooked, but even on low it still was soupy on the top. I think just because that is the way that crock pots cook. Anyway it started to smell like it was burning so I took it out and flipped it upside down on a cookie sheet and put it in the over at 325 and cooked it for about 10 more minutes and it was done. We ate it warm and though it was great but I am sure you can eat it however you like. If you want to try it for yourself here is the recipe....


1 1/3 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. corn meal
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. softened butter
3/4 c. gran. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
a dash of cinnamon
1 c. of cherry pie filling (you could use fresh)

In a mixing bowl I added the flour, corn meal, baking powder, and salt. Then I mixed together, the sugars, eggs, and butter in a separate bowl. Then I added it to the mixing bowl of dry ingredients then slowly poured in the milk. Don't over mix it. Then fold in the cherry filling and the cinnamon. It should be lightly swirled through the batter. Then I baked it in the crock pot on high for like 90 minutes. But I would bake it in the oven at 325 for about 25 minutes. Watch it on the time since I didn't cook it in the over I am not sure how long to leave it in for. Maybe start with 15 and check it from there. Let me know if you try and it and what you think. You could also use other fruit of your choice too. Like I said we ate it warm with vanilla ice cream. You could eat it however.

3 comments:

Keri said...

ohhhh I LOVE the new script lettering. LOVE IT. and this cake such a good idea. there you go mrs. Martha Stewart you! im gonna have to try this. Im glad to know that only your cake smelt burnt not your kitchen. LOL sorry old joke. You should make a recipe tab seems like you gotta lot of good recipe ideas up your sleeve. way to go.

Anonymous said...

The lettering is hard to read. Maybe it is just the light color. I find myself skimming because I can't read it it that well. Sorry to be a downer. I am just good at!

RamirezFamily said...

How do I make a new tab? Walk me through it so I can figure out how to do it! :D Thanks Liana I was kinda wondering about that. I love it but guess I will have to find something else.