Thursday, April 28, 2011

So very very smart....

Yesterday we took the kids to Cicis Pizza for a family lunch. Cadyn was chowing down on a giant piece of broccoli and asked, "why is it green"? I looked at William and shrugged and said chlorophyll I think... William then goes on this big spiel about why plants are green and on and on. I am thinking how the heck does he know all this. I mean yes, my husband is very book smart. Random facts that most people would have no idea about he some how knows. Anyway, I was like wow well that's good info. Cadyn was just sitting there absorbing all of it like a sponge like he does. Which I am sure he will eventually repeat at any moment someone it talking about plants. Which will make people look at me strange like I teach my child all these scientific terms. (don't tell my husband sometimes I smile and take the credit) However, the point to my rambling is, later William tells me he learned all that on The Magic School Bus. Well at least I know we are all learning something right no matter where the knowledge comes from. Sucks, that I have to pay thousands of dollars for my education and I couldn't even answer that question for my child.

3 comments:

littlejensenfamily said...

Im so jealous- I want a cici's pizza around here!

Keri said...

I feel the same way when my kids ask me in depth questions. But you know what...I got back at Tyler the other day while he was watching wild kratts. I told him that some birds regergitate their food and feed it to their baby birds, like a type of milk but its in the form of spit up. He looked at me like....WOW my mom really is smart. LOL

RamirezFamily said...

I love Cicis! Its super yummy I absolutly love their mac and cheese pizza! Sounds really gross but super super good! Keri that so funny! My boys love Wild Kratts!