Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Masterpiece Theater



Who wouldn't want their life to be a little bit of masterpiece theater? Well.... some of it, I mean who wouldn't want to marry Mr. Darcy and kiss in the rain. Anyway we were watching a really good movie last night (Jane Eyre) that reminded me of Masterpiece theater. Most of the time William laughs when we watch romantic movies and ruins the moment every time. I get all annoyed and tell him he just has no heart and cant relate to the characters. Last night he made it all the way through the whole movie without laughing! I couldn't believe it, I was like hmmm were you sleeping or what? He said, "these movies are examples of real life, they show people with struggles and sorrow and of course they always fall in love but its all done in a real way." I think it took me a minute to really grasp that my husband the "robot" was talking about love and not laughing. I guess I just always thought he had no understanding of love, and that everything was a joke to him. Then and there I completely agreed with him, yes, I still will love a good romantic comedy but its so true they are all so fake and planned out and you can see the ending ten minutes in to the movie. It made me see my husband in a new light, that he is not a robot he just believes in real love. Maybe I am the one who doesn't know what that is and therefore cannot express it. Ok random therapy rant..... have a great weekend!

No comments: